Sea transportation - GBSI - Global Business Service Information
The main feature of this type of transportation is that the transported cargo is placed in universal containers that can be transported not only on ships, but also by rail or road. These containers, made of metal, are equipped with all the necessary devices that allow them to be reloaded to other types of transport. Containers can be used to deliver cargo weighing up to 26 tons.
This type of cargo transportation has a number of advantages:
• minimum number of operations performed when loading/unloading containers with cargo from the ship;
• low cost of delivery. This is especially true for customers who transport small shipments. Container transportation of combined cargo allows you to reduce logistics costs;
• cargo safety. The cargo is securely protected by the metal body of the container. The container is sealed/printed only in the presence of the sender / recipient of the cargo;
• possibility of multimodal transportation. At the port of arrival, the container with the cargo is simply loaded onto a container ship and sent to the recipient’s warehouse. At the same time, the registration of new documents is not required;
• the uniform system of designation of linear dimensions and dimensions of containers accepted all over the world.
The disadvantages of this type of cargo transportation include a relatively low speed of delivery. Especially compared to air transportation. Container shipping is ideal for those for whom the delivery time is not of paramount importance, and who want to save on logistics.
All your questions about container shipping can be asked to our specialists. You can also fill out a special form on the website, and our staff will contact you.