Multimodal transportation - GBSI - Global Business Service Information
Multimodal transportation is the most optimized and adapted to the needs of the client – consignee. Of course, it would be possible to shorten the way and send everything by air delivery, but in most cases, this is the most expensive way, so it is necessary to reduce costs by choosing alternative methods. Combining the possibilities of movement allows you to make delivery optimal in terms of time and cost. Multimodal transportation is the most popular when delivering cargo over long and medium distances.
The advantages of such transportation include:
- The ability to choose the most profitable, fast, convenient and economical delivery method, depending on the type of cargo being transported and the route features.
- The network of terminals that we use to compile the entire logistics chain operates in almost all countries of the world and is equipped with modern storage facilities;
- The possibility of variability of the point of customs clearance of the consignment.
Cons that are worth paying attention to:
- The number of overloads from one transport to another, as in this case the probability of damage to the goods increases.
- The complexity of the organization of the transportation process, because multimodal transportation is a complex multi–operational mechanism.